Copycat.

Hi!

I had to get your attention some kind of way.

I hope you’ll continue reading.

Because I honestly hope that if you haven’t started writing or blogging, that you will.  You should.

I think you should write a book, too.

Yes, you.  And if you’ve made it this far, I thank you.  My name is James Taylor.  I’ve been writing in this blog for a little over a month and never actually had a conversation with you.  But I appreciate you.  Seriously. Enough to tell you that what you have inside that mind of yours is special enough that you should write about it.

Here’s the deal.

Everyone should be living a life worth writing about.  Isn’t that the point?  Is there any other way to teach the following generations than by allowing them to read our histories and make fundamentally better decisions based on our mistakes?

And wouldn’t that inherently cause us to live our best lives?

If you’re still here I really applaud you.  Because here’s where the title comes in.

We copycat.  Most of us have been copycatting all of our lives.  That’s okay.

We are taught to copycat, stay in line, and somehow out-climb around 250 million other people all doing the same thing.  I don’t know much.  But I do know there’s no way that all 250 million people have the exact same talent for scaling the exact same ladder.

That’s why I believe you’re special.  Because no one else has lived your life.  Only YOU have walked in your shoes.  You should talk about it.  And maybe, just maybe, there’s someone out there who in the future will be in your shoes, looking for a solution and be able to learn from your experience and possibly even change the world.

The possibilities are endless when you are yourself.  Original.  You.

It comes with one exception.

It has to be the best you.

Are you up for it?  Comment and let me know what you think!

Published by James Taylor

9 thoughts on “Copycat.

1. James Taylor – Dedicated to changing the world by changing myself. Actions speak louder than words and the mind is the battlefield through which all wars are won. It cannot happen outside before it happens inside. What you believe, you can achieve.
      James Taylor says:

True, but thats why we continue blogging right?

James Taylor says:

You have a story yeah? Thing is, someone’s alwayyyyys watching. We just get upset when we cant see it!

1. Grace O – Abia state – YOUR HEALTH MY CONCERN! Bold blogger and baker. Blog on health, fashion, ideas, life and every thought life brings to me.
    Grace O says:

This is super cool and true indeed must say

James Taylor says:

Haha isnt it though? Thank you for stopping through I appreciate it!!!

Grace O says:

You’re welcome dearie

2. Mridula Bhatt – India – Stories from the fleeting imagination of a dreamy person. I am a student of Literature making my way through the turf of Life with a passion for learning. This blog is a diary of all my thoughts and imaginative wanderings. I hope it is able to inspire and instigate you with a zest for living!
    Mridula Bhatt says:

I agree with you there James
    Education often becomes an act of repetition, in its essence.
    I had written a post about the same “anxiety of influence” on my blog too – I titled it “Raptures of I and Me”

James Taylor says:

Im going to go read it soon as I can!